Follow On Social


Abroad Guru Overseas has been helping Indian students study in Australia since 2015. With knowledge and access to a large selection of leading universities and vocational institutions across Australia, you are one step ahead in securing an opportunity.

World Map


Australian Flag



Land Area

7.6m km2

Capital City


Largest city


Official language(s)



Australian Dollar (AUD)

Date format


Drive on the


Calling Code


Information taken from Wikipedia

Australian Visas

Student visa process for Australia



Contact us or come into our office to discover your options regarding your study destination, courses availablity and recommended institutions.


Register with us to start the admission and visa process. We can help you navigate through the various processes and make studying overseas easier.


Once you have decided what, and where you want to study, we will help you complete the admission application. We keep in contact with the institution(s) on your behalf, and we will send you notifications as your application progresses.

At the time of application you will be required to submit several documents including:

  • proof of previous academic qualifications, and
  • proof of your English language ability in most cases.

We will provide you with a document checklist when it is time to apply for your visa (step 5).

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement for student visas

You will also need to complete the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement which is an integrity measure to ensure the student visa program is used as intended, not as a way for international students to maintain ongoing residency in Australia.

When applying for a student visa, your intention needs to be to complete a course of study then return to use the skills you’ve learned in your home country.

Find out more about GTE at the Home Affairs website.


To accept your offer from an education provider, you must pay the tuition fee. Most Australian institutions require you to pay the first semester fee only. You can choose to pay this fee through either Telegraphic Transfer (TT) or Direct Debit (DD). Our value added services department can help you arrange this.

Once the institution have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoE). Once we have received this, we will notify you that it is now time to come back into your closest branch with your required documents and start the visa application process.


To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist we provided you in step 3.

Just like your admission application, we will keep you updated as to the progress of your application, keeping in contact with the visa office on your behalf.


Students need to undergo health examinations as part of the visa application process. The health assessment process can take several weeks to complete. To help avoid delays, you can choose to undertake your health examination before lodging your visa application. More information is available at My health declarations.

A list of the approved panel doctors can be found at

For more information about undertaking medicals, visit


We will notify you as soon as we know the outcome of your visa application so you can come in and collect your grant letter. In most cases this is a positive response and it means you can also start planning your travel and accommodation!


Abroad Guru Overseas can help organise your travel arrangements so you can begin your new student life. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier!

For more information about Australian student visas, visit

Visitor visa for Australia

We can help you apply for a visitor visa. Parents or dependants wishing to visit a student studying in Australia should apply for a visitor visa.

For more information about the Australian visitor visa application process, visit

Young Indian student working

Australian Work Rights

Work rights during studies in Australia

While on a student visa in Australia, you can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during semester and unlimited hours during vacation periods. International students studying master’s degree by research or PhD degrees can work unlimited hours.

Work rights for your spouse in Australia

The spouse of an international student can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight throughout the year if the spouse has travelled to Australia on a dependant visa. If the student is studying at a Masters or PhD level, a spouse can work full-time once the student starts their main course of study.

Post-study work rights in Australia

For the latest information about post-study work rights in Australia, visit


Bringing your dependants to Australia

The spouse and children of a student can accompany them to Australia if the student’s course duration is 12 months or longer.

This can be applied for at the same time as the student applies for their visa, or it can be applied for later to join the student in Australia after they have commenced their course.

Students must declare all family members in their application, even if they do not plan to travel with them. If they do not declare all family members, they will not be eligible to apply for a dependant visa once the student has arrived in Australia.

Our study consultants can help you apply for a dependant visa for your spouse and children. Get in contact to find our how Oceanic Consultants can make studying overseas easier!

Indian family
Young Indian student

Students under 18

Usually, International students studying in Australia on a student visa will require a guardian if they are under 18 years of age. These arrangements need to be in place before an application for a student visa can be lodged. This visa allows the guardian to stay in Australia for the same duration as the student, or until the student turns 18.

Student Guardian Visa

One of the options for guardianship is for the student to be accompanied to Australia by a parent or a person who has custody of the student. This person must apply for a Student Guardian Visa.

For more information, visit: